Search This Blog

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Back from Oblivion

Wow, so much time has passed since I last posted!  So much has happened.

Since I last posted, we've lost two precious people in our family.

My little brother, John, passed away from renal failure and diabetic complications in May of 2010.  He was 53. 

John

Then, in August, 2012, we lost Momma.  3 weeks before her 89th birthday, she simply went to sleep one Sunday and never woke back up. 

Momma

My Mom lived with us for the last 4 years of her life, and I miss her so very much.  We lost my Dad so many years ago (1974) it seems like forever.  With Momma and John, the wounds are still so very fresh.  Still a bit unreal.

Also, we lost Pie Oh Pah, my daughter's beloved 13 year old white German Shepherd.  She fought valiantly to live, but a stroke took her in the summer of 2010. 

Pie Oh Pah

 

I haven't painted in a while, seems everything just took precedence over that and life's been fairly overwhelming.  But thing's are beginning to settle back down now.  I find myself longing to paint, so will be posting more soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment