Search This Blog

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Pie Oh Pah

We are extreme dog lovers at our home. I have a wonderful furry little friend of my own named Lakota (an Aussie Shepherd mix) and between my two daughters there are three "grand-dogs": Pie Oh Pah (a beautiful white German Shepherd Dog) and Baron & Angus (two equally beautiful Border Collies). As time passes, I'm sure they will all show up in these posts.
Today it's Pie's turn.

Pie Oh Pah, © K D Gilliland

Pie is 11 years old and has advanced arthritis and hip displasia. She spent several months last year in a wheeled-assistance cart after a back injury (which was made worse by her displasia and arthritis). She's been able to recover enough now to be walking on her own again, although her gate remains a bit limited. She's a trooper and keeps on keeping on, a gentle, sweet-tempered lady, a total joy to be around.

I painted Pie's portrait from the photo above as a gift to my daughter on her 35th birthday:

"Pie", © 2005 M.B.Gilliland

No comments:

Post a Comment